Countryside Mobility & Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Over the last week significant measures have been taken to help prevent the Coronavirus from spreading and this now means that Tramper hire is no longer available at any hire location. The safety of those using Countryside Mobility is paramount so we would recommend that you follow the latest guidance.
Speaking to partner hire locations over the last week it is with great sadness that they are no longer able to provide people the opportunity to enjoy getting outside but equally recognised that, in these exceptional circumstances, safety must come first. Many said how much they are looking forward to the time when they will be able to hire Trampers to enable people to explore together once again.
The Countryside Mobility initiative will continue to work in the background during this time: continuing preparations for new hire locations to come on stream later this year, keeping you in touch with the situation and seeing what we can do to keep your spirits up and bring the countryside to you.
Most of all we hope that you and your loved ones stay healthy and happy during these difficult times.
What we will do:
- Keep you informed – We will do our best to maintain an up to date list of the current status of each location. In the Locations section of our website you will find a new section that we will keep updated on current availability. However, as the situation can change quickly we would always recommend you phone ahead.
- Extend Annual membership – As opportunities will be more limited in coming weeks we will compensate for this by adding 3 months when you next renew your membership (providing you with 15 rather than 12 months).
- Keep Your Spirits Up – We will look to bring the countryside to you through photos, video and more. If you use Facebook or Twitter please follow us.
- Prepare for New Opportunities – We have a number of exciting hire locations coming into the scheme across the region this year. We will use the time to continue preparations so that these are available as soon as possible. We’ll also be unveiling some special opportunities related to our 10th birthday.
What you can do:
- Stay well – Our primary concern is your health and wellbeing. Therefore we would encourage you to follow the latest Government advice relevant to you.
- Care for those hiring Trampers – Please follow precautions regarding social distancing, self-isolation and handwashing to help prevent the spread of the virus.
- Keep in touch – Although the charity that we are part of has closed its office you can keep in touch with us by calling 01392 459222, emailing ([email protected]) or on Facebook or Twitter.
Thank you for your ongoing support – we really appreciate it!
Neil Warren (Countryside Mobility Project Manager)