Been wondering whether to have a go on an all-terrain Tramper scooter? Know someone who might benefit from a Tramper to get out into the countryside?
If you answered 'yes' then this Saturday (12th March) is the perfect opportunity to experience the freedom and independence provided by a Tramper.
For one day only we're offering first-time users a 'taster' membership for free!
A taster membership will not only allow you to hire the Tramper at that particular site but currently has a duration of 4 weeks and covers all 30+ sites within the Countryside Mobility scheme. The scheme is designed for anyone who struggles with mobility - from minor difficulties on uneven surfaces and inclines to regular wheelchair users.
Here's what to do:
- Choose which site you would like to visit from this selection. Please note the few sites that are not currently open - listed at the end of this article
- We recommend that you call the site in advance - this ensures that the Tramper is available and that staff are available to help get you set up
- Arrive at the site and you will be taken through the membership process - it's just one page - and an introduction to the Tramper by a member of the team so that you are confident before you set off on one of the recommended routes.
You should be given a copy of the membership form to take away with you. This can be used as proof of your membership during the following weeks.
We really hope that you'll take up this opportunity or encourages others to.
Other things to note:
- A number of our sites charge a small hire fee or request a donation for use of the Tramper. This still applies on Saturday.
- While we have contacted all sites to make them aware of this special initiative the nature of outdoor attractions means that there is a small possibilty that not all staff will have been made aware. Should you be asked to pay we will look to refund the payment made for Temporary membership.
List of sites not open (or where Tramper hire temporarily unavailable): The Granite Way (Devon Cycle Hire), National Trust Lydford Gorge, Tarka Trail (BikeTrail Cycle Hire), Holton Lee, Glen Lyn Gorge, National Trust Golden Cap.