We believe that disabled and Deaf people should lead the process of change and decide what improvements are needed. We are a user-led organisation and we want to recruit disabled and Deaf people across the South West to volunteer and help us make these changes. Volunteers can take many roles, including:
- Mystery visitors to assess heritage sites and advise on the improvements they can make
- BSL film guides to learn about a site's heritage and create a film clip
- BSL tour guides to learn about a site's heritage and lead guided tours for Deaf people
- Heritage Ability Champions to support your local heritage site and help it on its journey to become more accessible and engage with local disabled and Deaf people and groups
- Join one of our User-led panels, which meet occasionally to look at how the project is going and how well it is tackling specific disability and access needs.
If you'd like to get involved, please do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org