Heritage Ability will tackle the following areas to improve accessibility:
- Improvements for limited mobility - mainly by providing all-terrain mobility scooters at sites. These will be integrated into LOD's existing Countryside Mobility Scheme.
- Films for British Sign Language (BSL) users - filmed by Deaf volunteers and available at the sites on tablets, or downloadable on your own smartphone or tablet before you visit
- Tours for BSL users - led by Deaf volunteers who have been trained in the site's heritage
- Sub-titles for hard of hearing on videos
- Large-print versions of literature
- Easy read versions of literature
- Improvements for people with autism, especially by providing a Visual Story on websites
This isn't an exhaustive list and we'll be developing new approaches as we go.